Issue with Oracle OCI Load Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

fridge
Premium Member
Premium Member

Issue with Oracle OCI Load Stage

Post by fridge »

Having a problem with Oracle OCI Load Stage - a simple but new job loading a couple of rows ...

T00014_Srv_Oracle_OCI_Load..DbaseLoad: ORA-24795: Illegal COMMIT attempt made
DSTAGE-ORAOCIBL-0001`:`Internal Error: Load database failed.
ORA-01114: IO error writing block to file (block # )

I am using 'Automatic Mode' but after reading the plug-in documentation I am not sure if I can only use 'Manual' as appears to be contradictory.

Initially says ....
'Automatic data loading occurs when the DataStage server resides on the same system as the Oracle server or when the Oracle server is remote and has the same operating system as the DataStage server.'
Then shortly after says ...
'Automatic data loading can occur only when the DataStage server resides on the same system as an Oracle server.'
Can anyone confirm which statement is correct and/or encoutnered the above error?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You don't have to have your database on the ETL server to use Automatic loading from what I recall.

And you need to take your error to your DBA - you may have disk errors / corrupted blocks and the writes are failing or it could be offline / unmounted or settings may need to be increased. Involve your DBA!

ORA-01114: IO error writing block to file (block # )
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
fridge
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by fridge »

chulett wrote:You don't have to have your database on the ETL server to use Automatic loading from what I recall.

And you need to take your error to your DBA - you may have disk errors / corrupted blocks and th ...
Thanks for that - will do so.
fridge
Premium Member
Premium Member

No Corruption

Post by fridge »

Have checked with the DBA's and they tell me there is no sign of corruption whatsoever.

Any other ideas?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

They're all in the post. Try googling what an ORA-01114 means.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers