Datastage Migration Document

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jack_125
Participant

Datastage Migration Document

Post by jack_125 »

hi,
I need to migrate the ETL process from Talend (TOS) to IBM Infosphere Datastage 8.x probably v8.3. And I need to document the whole migration process. So, anybody please give me the details description.

Any effort will be appreciated.
JackSh
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard. While DSXchange does not "give solutions" (other than those of us who do it for hire), we are happy to answer specific problems you may have encountered when attempting it yourself. For a start, there is no such thing as version 8.3 of DataStage, nor even 8.2. So it seems to me you need to do some more research, or to hire someone who is capable with DataStage.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

What kind of "details description" are you looking for, exactly? :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
jack_125
Participant

Post by jack_125 »

To ray.wurlod
Well I've heard that the newest version is 8.5 of DS. At my company they haven't got it installed yet but when I asked them they told me they probably gonna install version 8.3. I'll let you know once they install Datastage at my company.
JackSh
jack_125
Participant

Post by jack_125 »

To chulett ,
I specifically need each and every details (step by step) for creating a datastage jobs in 8.x because I need to submit a document to the company how exactly I m gonna do that.

Thanks
JackSh