Multiple MQ Queue Managers in v8, v8.1. Possible?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

madog
Charter Member
Charter Member

Multiple MQ Queue Managers in v8, v8.1. Possible?

Post by madog »

does anybody know if 8.1 can handle multiple queue managers on the same server which DataStage is installed onto?

The input tab on the MQSeries Stage dialog box has a field for Queue Manager, so this to me suggests, yes it can. But word in the office - is that its a limitation of DataStage, and that it can only handle one queue manager.

Can anybody confirm?
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

I haven't tried it in years, but in theory it should, "if" such a thing is still allowed by the MQ API........under the covers, the stage is just a "well behaved C++ MQ API application".......and the Queue Manager is a connection property.

Try it and let us know what happens.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
JRodriguez
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by JRodriguez »

Madog,

We are at version 8.1, we have three Queue Managers on the same server where DataStage is installed with no issues
Julio Rodriguez
ETL Developer by choice

"Sure we have lots of reasons for being rude - But no excuses
madog
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by madog »

JRodriguez wrote:Madog,

We are at version 8.1, we have three Queue Managers on the same server where DataStage is installed with no issues

Cool bananas!! :D thats the confirmation I was looking for...

thanks all.