HTML - Job RUn

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

DeepakCorning
Premium Member
Premium Member

HTML - Job RUn

Post by DeepakCorning »

Can a job be run from a HTML page?

I know we can run it from the command line using dsjob but the issue is that we dont have dsjob folder shared so I am searching for ways to run the jobs remotely without installing the client (command / HTML etc etc).

Any suggestions ? Thanks a lot !!!
Thanks
Deepak Patil

Convince Them Confuse Them .. What's the difference?
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

You could remote execute dsjob.
Mamu Kim
ca.parker
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ca.parker »

kduke wrote:You could remote execute dsjob.
Could you please explain how to run a job remotely? I am wanting to run this on my desktop vs. running this on the actual DS server. Is this possible?
srinagesh
Participant

Post by srinagesh »

publish the job as RTI service and invoke it from web code :?:
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

The job will always run on the server. You can initiate it from your desktop, however, using dsjob just like you would from the server command line. Or via the Director, of course.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ca.parker
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ca.parker »

chulett wrote:The job will always run on the server. You can initiate it from your desktop, however, using dsjob just like you would from the server command line. Or via the Director, of course.
I am trying to allow someone to start a DS job remotely. I was just wondering if I could run the job through a command promp from my personal computer without remoting into the server?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

If they have the client software installed, or at least the minimum components needed for 'dsjob' then sure, they can. That minimum is documented somewhere, from what I recall.
-craig

ca.parker
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ca.parker »

chulett wrote:If they have the client software installed, or at least the minimum components needed for 'dsjob' then sure, they can. That minimum is documented somewhere, from what I recall.
Could you elaborate alittle on where I could look please. I have just started using DataStage and do not really know alot about it and cannot recieve training due to the downturn in the economy.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Somewhere in the documentation that ships with the product, if I could be more specific than that, I would. It's also been mentioned here, from what I recall, I'll see if I can find a reference to it.

If someone else has the details, feel free to chime in!
-craig

chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Dang, can't find anything other than posts mentioning the fact that you can do this if you put dsjob and 'associated libraries' on the other machine. Suggestion: copy dsjob.exe over to the other machine, execute it from a command prompt and see what it complains is missing. Hopefully it's as simple as that.
-craig

ca.parker
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ca.parker »

chulett wrote:Dang, can't find anything other than posts mentioning the fact that you can do this if you put dsjob and 'associated libraries' on the other machine. Suggestion: copy dsjob.exe over to the other machine, execute it from a command prompt and see what it complains is missing. Hopefully it's as simple as that.
This is the error I get when I run from my computer command line.
Status code = -9999 DSJE_DSJOB_ERROR

Here is the command I am inserting.

dsjob -server myServerName -user myUserName -password myPassword -run myProjectname myJobName
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

I think you need to install the DataStage client not just copy dsjob.exe.
Mamu Kim
ca.parker
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ca.parker »

kduke wrote:I think you need to install the DataStage client not just copy dsjob.exe.
I have the client on my machine. I was just trying to use the command promp.
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

-9999 is something real bad like it cannot connect. Numbers are usually less than 256.
Mamu Kim