Sequence and ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ponzio
Participant

Sequence and ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

Post by ponzio »

Hi everybody.

I've got a problem....

My simple job read from Oracle DB, use a transformer and writes to another one.
The dns, user and password in the two OCI are job parameter (the password is defined as encrypted).

The job runs perfectly, but when I try to run it from a sequence I've got the problems!
It seems that there is a comunication problem beetwen the sequence and the job related to the parameter values.

The sequence parameters are linked properly to the job parameters.

Messagges in the event log:

- ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
in the detail log of the job

- JobControl (fatal error from @Coordinator): Sequence job (restartable) will abort due to previous unrecoverable errors
in the detail log of the sequence

Thanks in advance,
Andrea
meena
Participant

Post by meena »

Hi,
The error shows that the table name you assinged is not in the database you are referring. Check with the database and the table name.And also check the parameter values..
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Sequence and ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

Post by chulett »

ponzio wrote:The sequence parameters are linked properly to the job parameters.
No, they're not or you wouldn't be having this issue. Double-check. Heck, triple-check. Both the 'linkage' and the values being passed. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

To verify parameters look in the "job starting" event in the job log to see the parameter values that were passed. If these are ALL ok, revisit the encryped parameters.

However, this is not your problem. You got an error code and message back from Oracle. Therefore you successfully connected to Oracle. The error is "table or view does not exist". Are you the table/view owner? If not, you will need to prefix the table/view name with the owner name (which can also be a job parameter reference).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vipshiva
Participant

Post by vipshiva »

Are you passing the table name as parameter?...
ponzio
Participant

Post by ponzio »

Many thanks....
I tried the day after and everything run ok...
I don't know whta appened, maybe someone modified the tnsnames.ora while I was testing my jobs.

Andrea