Connect to Server error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

xinhuang66
Participant

Connect to Server error

Post by xinhuang66 »

I installed DS 7.5.1 Server and client in my laptop computer with win2003 English Version. When I run designer, I encountered an error message as "Invalid Universe mark characters have been sent from the server, code page 936 may not support these characters, or you may need to install Datastage NLS".

I knew it is an issue related to language for non-Unicode programs, If I change it to English (Currently Chinese). Datastage works. but my system doesn't support Chinese characters display any more..

How can i get both datastage works and Chinese characters display...I did install datastage NLS..

by the way, why there are only 2 services for datastage after I insalled it, I remember 3 before..

Thnx
I_Server_Whale
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Connect to Server error

Post by I_Server_Whale »

xinhuang66 wrote:by the way, why there are only 2 services for datastage after I insalled it, I remember 3 before..
Thnx
Yes!. There should be three.

Code: Select all

DataStage Engine Resource Service
DataStage Telnet Service
DSRPC Service
Whale.
Anything that won't sell, I don't want to invent. Its sale is proof of utility, and utility is success.
Author: Thomas A. Edison 1847-1931, American Inventor, Entrepreneur, Founder of GE
xinhuang66
Participant

Post by xinhuang66 »

Thanks. I think it may be DataStage DSRPC... and it will turn up together with the other two..

Actually, I have it running in my system.
I_Server_Whale
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by I_Server_Whale »

xinhuang66 wrote: Actually, I have it running in my system.
Kinda lost you there. Then, what were you complaining about? :?
Anything that won't sell, I don't want to invent. Its sale is proof of utility, and utility is success.
Author: Thomas A. Edison 1847-1931, American Inventor, Entrepreneur, Founder of GE
xinhuang66
Participant

Post by xinhuang66 »

I still have no idea about the NLS errors when I started client connect to the Server
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

In the Administrator client General tab, what map have you specified for client connectivity?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.