Link Variables -Constants???

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

StageZilla
Participant

Link Variables -Constants???

Post by StageZilla »

I have got to be dumb. Not really much help from the search on this

Where can i find documentation on the Constants in Link Variables, the Constants like DSE.NO.MORE.DATA, DSE.INVALIDARG, DSE.INVKEYBASE etc??

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance
The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I didn't know that these were either documented or listed anywhere, they are part of the GCI. Where did you find references to these mnemonic codes?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

They are all (almost all) documented, but only indirectly. For each of the DataStage API functions there is a list of possible returned values, which is where these constants are mentioned.

You can obtain their decoded values from JOBCONTROL.H but, since they are almost all integers, this does not aid your understanding that much.

They are intended to be used as arguments to, or result values from, DS Functions that you may have used in expressions.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
StageZilla
Participant

Post by StageZilla »

I found a mention of all these constants in the DSD_CONST.H header file in the dsinclude directory of the project. Dont know what use they would be to use in a transformer stage derivation, as they are available in the Link Variables- Constants section
in the expression editor menu
was also wondering if any function can return a value equal to DSE.NO.MORE.DATA if the transformer stage received zero rows in its input

Anyway thanks for your help
The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There's no exposed function that can return DSE.NO.MORE.DATA. It's only used in "internal" functions as far as I am aware.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.