Upgrade DS 7.5.1A - Error DS_AUDIT can not be written

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Bryceson
Charter Member
Charter Member

Upgrade DS 7.5.1A - Error DS_AUDIT can not be written

Post by Bryceson »

Hi all,

Sorry my first post went to PX forum.

During upgrade of DataStage in one of my project I received this " Error CFF on file DS_AUDIT can not be written" when making atttemp to upgrade the Complex Flat F ile Stage plugin details.

Now The job that has/use CFF Stage plugin is abborting. Any ideas how do I approach to correct this issue so that I complete a production process??.

There were also similar issue for TDMLoad Stage and XMLTransformerPX with this "DS_AUDIT can not be written"

Thanks in advance

Bryceson
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Does your user have sufficient UNIX permissions in the project directory? If yes, and the disk is not full, then you might have a corrupt file. If you can go into TCL and type in "ED DS_AUDIT CFF" you should enter the line editor for that record. You can exit the editor with the "QUIT" command or you can do a "FILE" {without having made changes} to see if you can update the record.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Check the operating system permissions on DS_AUDIT and DS_AUDIT/DATA.30 to see whether you are permitted to write. If not, get yourself placed into the group that does have write permission.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.