New Install 7.5.1A and Import of the dsx Projects

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Bryceson
Charter Member
Charter Member

New Install 7.5.1A and Import of the dsx Projects

Post by Bryceson »

Hi All,

We unistall DataStage 7.0 and did Install of DataStage 7.5.1A on the Windows 2003 Sever. Before the two activities I took an Export of the projects (whole project) from DataStage 7.0 Server jobs.

I am having issues with the Import of dsx projects into the new installed DataStage 7.5.1A, the import does seems to be taking place and actually doing the import from the progress bar . . . at the end I receive this message
"98 Server job, shared container or stagetype objects were ignored."

When I look into Director or Manager I only see a few sequence jobs and NO server jobs at all.

Any idea as what could have gone wrong in the process will be appreciated.

Thanks . . . Bryceson
I_Server_Whale
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by I_Server_Whale »

Hi Bryceson,

With what options did you do the exports? Did you do "whole project" export with the right options for each of the project?

Also, while importing did you select "Import All" and check the "Overwite without Query" box?

Please let us know the above details to further analyze the problem correctly.

Thanks,
Naveen.
Anything that won't sell, I don't want to invent. Its sale is proof of utility, and utility is success.
Author: Thomas A. Edison 1847-1931, American Inventor, Entrepreneur, Founder of GE
Bryceson
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Bryceson »

Naveen,

What had happen is I did took Export of each projects separate with the option of (whole project). I have done this many times . . .not sure what went wrong today.

Thanks . . . Bryceson
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

When you installed the new version of DataStage, did you use the Enterprise (PX) license or Server license? I've seen this issue when an Enterprise license was used but the Server license was left blank. You actually couldn't have Server jobs, just PX jobs and Sequencers (which are really Server jobs, kind of silly). When importing a Server based .dsx file, only the Sequencers imported. For grins, see if you can create a Server job using Designer. If you can't, then you have to run thru the install again and supply the Server license.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
Bryceson
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Bryceson »

Ken,

Thanks . . . I think that is what happen, I left the Server License blank. I can't even create the server job in designer. I will give it another run of install and supply the server license.

Thanks again for your knowledge.

Bryceson