IDOC stage keep running(stuck)

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

joetan
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by joetan »

Hi all,
I have search through the forum but no concrete answer. I encounter this problem everytime the idoc jobs are export to a new server. My IDOC load stage would be stuck and no records updated into it. It would hang and be unable to stop. Have anyone encounter this problem before? Need to resolve this as this is production server. Thanks.

Regards
Joe
ketfos
Participant

Post by ketfos »

Hi,
What is IDOC?

Ketfos
pnchowdary
Participant

Post by pnchowdary »

Hi Ketfos,

Here is some Info regarding an IDOC

Code: Select all

An IDoc (intermediate document) is a report, that is, a hierarchal package of related records, generated by SAP R/3 in an SAP proprietary format. An IDoc, whose transmission is initiated by the source database, exchanges data between applications. It provides a standard format for exchanging data with SAP R/3.
Thanks,
Naveen
netland
Participant

Post by netland »

is there anything to see in the logfile for the sap connection ?

Does it connect to R/3 when you validate the job in production ?

Does it affact ALL your idoc load stages in production ?

user authorization problems perhaps ?

Are any rows sent to the stage ?
joetan
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by joetan »

Hi netland,

The log file shows the usual stuff of '...NLS map ISO8859-1'. After that it is suppose to show sending rows to IDOC but didn't.

Connection to R/3 is ok and when validating the link, it shows all link connected.

I can choose different idoc type from the stage, so i think there should be no problem with authorization.

We had this problem once last time when we migrate our dev server to a new one. Manage to resolve the problem by renaming the job and compiling it again. However, this time it doesn't work.

Regards
Joe
PhilHibbs
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: IDOC stage keep running(stuck)

Post by PhilHibbs »

joetan wrote:Hi all,
I have search through the forum but no concrete answer. I encounter this problem everytime the idoc jobs are export to a new server. My IDOC load stage would be stuck and no records updated into it. It would hang and be unable to stop. Have anyone encounter this problem before? Need to resolve this as this is production server. Thanks.

Regards
Joe
Is the memory usage going up when it is hanging?
Phil Hibbs | Capgemini
Technical Consultant
racsingh
Participant

Post by racsingh »

I have faced this problem recently while trying to load a huge volume of records into SAP. The Idoc in use was MATMAS_BAPI.
On execution of the load job nothing really was getting loaded into SAP system immediately and the Job log did not throw up any warnings.
It was only after 2 to 3 hours did the data get into the SAP System.
I beieve if there is huge volume of data and if the Idoc has many segments and sub segments then the entire process can be time taking.
racsingh
Participant

Post by racsingh »

I have faced this problem recently while trying to load a huge volume of records into SAP. The Idoc in use was MATMAS_BAPI.
On execution of the load job nothing really was getting loaded into SAP system immediately and the Job log did not throw up any warnings.
It was only after 2 to 3 hours did the data get into the SAP System.
I beieve if there is huge volume of data and if the Idoc has many segments and sub segments then the entire process can be time taking.

Rachana Singh,
SAP-DataStage Consultant,
Capgemini India.