Invalid object name 'MetaStage_Loc_Info'

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

hrthomson
Participant

Invalid object name 'MetaStage_Loc_Info'

Post by hrthomson »

There are a couple of topics that mention this error, but no one seems to answer the question, "Why does DataStage generate the following SQL Statement?".

SELECT DISTINCT "Computer", "SoftwareProduct", "DataStore" FROM MetaStage_Loc_Info
Server: Msg 208, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
Invalid object name 'MetaStage_Loc_Info'.

It seems to be an unnecessary overhead. Does anyone know what triggers DataStage to make this call, and whether or not there is a way to tell it not to?

Thanks in advance,

Heather
what a man is contributes much more to his happiness than what he has, or how he is regarded by others.
ketfos
Participant

Post by ketfos »

Hi,
Can you please some background of the work that results into this error message?
Thanks
Ketfos
hrthomson
Participant

Post by hrthomson »

The SQL Statement seems to be called several times during the job run. No error message results in DataStage, only in the SQL trace.

We're curious more than anything else.....
what a man is contributes much more to his happiness than what he has, or how he is regarded by others.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The job is running in MetaStage proxy mode, and DataStage is attempting to determine information from MetaStage about the job in question (the same information is also stored in DataStage - it is seeking to compare the two).

What I suspect is happening is that your job was created in an earlier version, and the token "MetaStage_Loc_Info" was correct then but "they" have since changed it.

Check with your support provider.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
hrthomson
Participant

Post by hrthomson »

Thanks Ray. I will log a call. I will also update this post so future cases can benefit from it.

cheers,

Heather
ufl_developer
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ufl_developer »

Did anybody ever determine the cause and/or the resolution to this issue?