Locking QS Lookup Tables

Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

jneasy
Participant

Locking QS Lookup Tables

Post by jneasy »

Hi,

I have a lookup table define that is being used for a number of QS Rule Sets that I want to remain static.

Is it possible to lock these lookup tables in much the same way that the provided Rule Sets have lookup tables are only available to open in view mode? For example the provided AUFIRSTN.TBL

Cheers.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Only by changing the file permissions. You don't have access to the code through which the out-of-the-box files are locked.

Don't forget to lock both the client and server copies of the file(s).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
jneasy
Participant

Post by jneasy »

Thanks Ray.

There are a number of developers that have clients installed on their workstations so I wont be able to ensure that client copies are always locked.

I was hoping it might be as simple as setting a "locked" flag on the server side.

Cheers.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Alas, no. However, if the server side copy (and its parent directory) is read-only, they won't be able to provision changed versions.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.