Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

virtusadsuser
Premium Member
Premium Member

Rule sets for India

Post by virtusadsuser »

Hi,
Can anyone confirm if there is a separate ruleset for country 'India' as part of IBM Information Server suite 8.5 or 8.7?

We could find some documentation on rule sets for indian addresses based on area which includes zip code, country, state & district.

Is the Indian Address Rule set available by default as part of 8.7? Are there rules built-in for free-form address fields like street name, door #, locality already in the latest version?

If it is not available by default, how should this rule set for india be purchased?
Dream...Dare...Do
rjdickson
Participant

Post by rjdickson »

I am happy to confirm that the Indian address rule set comes with QualityStage 8.7 at no additional charge. Instead of just one rule set, there are actually a number of rule sets and a shared container that cover many Indian states and territories. Please see this link for more assistance. You can also search the 8.7 Information Center on 'indian addresses' here.
Regards,
Robert
virtusadsuser
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by virtusadsuser »

Thanks for the confirmation Robert. This really helps.
Dream...Dare...Do
karthi_gana
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by karthi_gana »

It is not coming with 8.1 version. Right?

I don't see India under "Standardize Stage --> New Process --> Rule Set".

I can see

AUSTRALIA
CANADA
FRANCE
GERNAMY
ITALY
JAPAN
KOREA
SPAIN
UNITEDKINGDOM
USA

Incase if it is available in 8.1 version too, is it not showing because of not purchased?
Karthik
stuartjvnorton
Participant

Post by stuartjvnorton »

If you could find out what the shared container does, you could reproduce it in 8.1.
The rulesets would be worth trying in 8.1 as well. Open the DSX file and change the versions to 8. Then load them up in the ruleset test dialog. You may find they will work as-is or with some minor PAT changes.
May not work, but worth a shot if you need it and the environment isn't going to upgraded for a while.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Version 8.7. Not version 8.1.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
stuartjvnorton
Participant

Post by stuartjvnorton »

ray.wurlod wrote:Version 8.7. Not version 8.1. ...
Hey Ray, that was answering karthi_gana's question about getting them in 8.1. I should have quoted his post.