How to import rule sets?

Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

kanasai167
Participant

How to import rule sets?

Post by kanasai167 »

I just got a folder of ruleset called MYPHONE.
Inside there are all different format of file and i got no idea how to import it into my QualityStage Designer.

below are the file contains inside the MYPHONE folder :
PHONECONVERT.TBL
MYPHONECONV.PAT
MYPHONECONV.DCT
MYPHONECONV.CLS
MYPHONE.PAT
MYPHONE.DCT
MYPHONE.CLS

i open the file using notepad , i saw the first line of the file stated ";;QualityStage v8.0"

Is it the file only can be use in QS 8.0 ?
And also i would need help on import those file...Thank you
stuartjvnorton
Participant

Post by stuartjvnorton »

Looks like you have 2 rulesets here: MYPHONE and MYPHONECONV. Search the .pat files to find out which of them uses PHONECONVERT.TBL.

One way would be to create a new ruleset with the same name as the one you want to import, then open the .pat file. Copy the text from your .pat file into it.
Do the same for the .dct and .cls files.

If you find the .tbl file in your .pat file, you'll need to add it to the ruleset.
You should be able to do that from the rule dialog or new/data quality/reference table (IIRC) from the main DS designer and then copy the text in. Save it in the same folder as the rest of the ruleset.

Once it's done, open the Test dialog and test against some data to make sure it's all holding together.

Hope this helps.
kanasai167
Participant

Post by kanasai167 »

Thanks. I able to import the rule set now.

But where is the file physically stored?
What i found for other default rule set available in QS (For example AUADDR.CLS) all are locate at 'C:\IBM\InformationServer\Server\Projects\ANALYZERPROJECT\Quality'

But i could not found the rule set i newly import in....
rjdickson
Participant

Post by rjdickson »

You need to select the .SET object and then 'Provision All' to get the rule set into the ./Quality directory.
Regards,
Robert
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Newly-imported Rule Sets are stored only on the client. As Robert noted, they need to be provisioned to get them onto the engine.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kanasai167
Participant

Post by kanasai167 »

Thanks again.
i already provisioned the .SET file.

And i got another problem now.
For this MYID rule sets , i got a .PAT , .DCT and .CLS

After i finish the copy paste stuff in .SET object exactly same from what i have done for the previous rule set. Then i click the 'TEST' button to see whether it is working or not. After that i enter some values there and click 'test this string' , my QS automatically close and i don't know why....
kanasai167
Participant

Post by kanasai167 »

by the way i would like to know also inside the file state there ";;QualityStage v8.0" , is it compatible also for QualityStage 8.5?

because i try the same rule set on 8.0 and 8.5 , 8.0 work but 8.5 come out an error " Standardize process failed. Table could not found. The error occured in the following line of c:/.../TempRules/\RuleSetName.ITO"

I could not see any .ITO format file from the rules set folder given by IBM side.
rjdickson
Participant

Post by rjdickson »

The last issue sounds like it is different rule set. If so, I suggest you open a different topic. If not, please elaborate.

Regarding the topic of this post:
The .SET object is a placeholder.

I suggest that you create an empty rule set with File > New > Other > Data Quality > ... (I forget the exact sequence). Once you have the files, you can then copy/paste from your .PAT to the new rule .PAT, etc.
Regards,
Robert
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

.ITO table will come into existence automatially when you create an input text override. Similarly for .IPO (input pattern override), .UCL (classification override), .UTO (unhandled text override) and .UPO (unhandled pattern override).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kanasai167
Participant

Post by kanasai167 »

ok , i will open another thread since it is another issue