Match DataBase

Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

DSFreddie
Participant

Match DataBase

Post by DSFreddie »

Hi All,

While waiting for the Match Database to be created, i was reading some Quality Stage docs. I have couple of doubts on the way the Match Designer work.

1. Once we create the DSN & run the Match Test, are the output table getting created automatically ? Is it creating random names ?
2. If i use the same match specification in another job, will it store the new result with a different name ?
3. Can we configure tools like TOAD & access the results from these DB tables ?

Any thoughts will be greatly helpful.

Thanks,
Freddie
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The Match Designer database is not used at all in jobs; it is only used by the Match Designer client. Tables in the Match Designer database are created automatically when you test a match specification. While you could certainly configure other clients to look at the Match Designer database, you would struggle to make sense of what's in there; the structures and purpose of the tables and columns are not documented.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
DSFreddie
Participant

Post by DSFreddie »

Thanks for the reply Ray.

I couldnt read the whole message from you as I am not a premium user. :( Is there a way I can upgrade my membership to premium for 49$s as shown in the webpage?

Thanks,
Freddie
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Follow the link on the DSXchange home page. I have no idea whether or not the special price is still available. But even at $99 it's good value (less than 30c per day). And corporate discounts for multiple memberships are available.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.