Usage of parameter sets in shell script

Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

adi_2_chaos
Participant

Usage of parameter sets in shell script

Post by adi_2_chaos »

Hi,

I created a parameter set named DataBase, and included five parameters inside it - SRC_USR, SRC_PWD, TGT_USR, TGT_PWD and SERVER. I created a file (database_par) out of it with default values, and it got stored by the name of database_par at the location ..Server/Projects/<ProjName>/ParameterSets/DataBase.

Then I created a job and included the parameter set for three parameters (SRC_USR, SRC_PWD and SERVER) to be used inside the job design.

While running the job from shell using the command:
dsjob -run -paramfile .Server/Projects/<ProjName>/ParameterSets/DataBase/database_par <ProjName> <JobName>, I get the error that the parameter TGT_USR hasnt been found, and the job fails throwing BAD_PARAM error.

Is it a mandate that when we use a parameter set and try to invoke job using shell, we need to include all the parameters inside the job design?

Can someone kindly guide me through this issue, and suggest me a way wherein I be able to achieve the above.

Thanks & Regards,
Sriram
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

And what, exactly, does this have to do with QualityStage? :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Is this really a QualityStage question?

You have the choice:
  • name the Parameter Set and give the values file name as its "value" e.g. -param Database=database_par

name individual parameters using "dot notation" e.g. -param Database.SRC_USR=zaphod
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
adi_2_chaos
Participant

Post by adi_2_chaos »

Thanks Ray. And apologies - I posted this in the wrong forum.

Regards,
Sriram