steps to create our own rule set

Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

jaksani
Participant

steps to create our own rule set

Post by jaksani »

Hi,

Please let me know the steps to create our own rule set for name standardization for my project specific.
Thanks & Regards,
Venkat Jaksani
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Why do you believe you want to do this? Using overrides on an existing rule set might be an easier, and easier to mainain, approach.

The answer to your question is non-trivial, would take hours to prepare and even longer to absorb. So I'd like to avoid that, if possible.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
jaksani
Participant

Post by jaksani »

ray.wurlod wrote:Why do you believe you want to do this? Using overrides on an existing rule set might be an easier, and easier to mainain, approach.

The answer to your question is non-trivial, would take hours to ...
The reason is, I do not have permission to override an exisisting rule set and I have seen rule sets created for my project sake. So, I just thought of creating a new one by copying some of the exisisting rules for better understanding of the flow of Pattern file.
Thanks & Regards,
Venkat Jaksani
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

OK, copy an existing rule set and modify it. Spend a lot of time first reading the Pattern Action Language manual to gain an understanding of how it works.

However, if I were running your shop, I would be very concerned that rule sets seem to be proliferating, possibly to no good end.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.