Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

DSkkk
Charter Member
Charter Member

recover Project in Quality Stage

Post by DSkkk »

Hello -

I accidentally changed the Repository of the Existing Project in QS Designer version 7.1. on my work station (Windows XP ). As i have many Repositories on my PC, i am unable to find the repository that i was linked to a yesterday.

I have a Number of jobs that were built in development and the Compiled scripts etc exist on the Unix Server.
Please help me in recovering/ restoring the Project as i will be loosing a lot of analysis if that cannot be recovered. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Do a Windows Explorer search filtered on date/time modified in the last one or two days.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
DSkkk
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSkkk »

ray.wurlod wrote:Do a Windows Explorer search filtered on date/time modified in the last one or two days.
I was trying to find the *.mdb file, but as i have many repositories on my system and also am unable to locate the exact .mdb file that i was pointing to. Is there any reverse engineering procedure as i have the control files, scripts etc in the QS home directory?

Thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Find it and point to it. It's the only way, as far as I am aware. That is why I suggested using a Windows Explorer filter to find it.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
DSkkk
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSkkk »

Thanks Ray..
g.kiran
vinnz
Participant

Re: recover Project in Quality Stage

Post by vinnz »

DSkkk wrote: I have a Number of jobs that were built in development and the Compiled scripts etc exist on the Unix Server.
Thanks.
Since your jobs are available on the server, you should be able to use the jcl_cnv commad to create an imf for the entire project on the server. The details of this command and its options should be in your QualityStage user manual. Hope that helps.
DSkkk
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: recover Project in Quality Stage

Post by DSkkk »

vinnz wrote:
DSkkk wrote: I have a Number of jobs that were built in development and the Compiled scripts etc exist on the Unix Server.
Thanks.
Since your jobs are available on the server, you should be able to use the jcl_cnv commad to create an imf for the entire project on the server. The details of this command and its options should be in your QualityStage user manual. Hope that helps.
Thank you for guiding me to this command. The Command has a Required Argument called the "Job List File". Where does the Job List file exist on the server. Does it exist in the Control or script or Scripts/ARDS or the IPICFG folder?

btw the QS Server is installed on the Unix Server.

Thank you !!!
g.kiran
vinnz
Participant

Post by vinnz »

I believe that is the file which you need to create listing what jobs you need exported into the IMF.