Web Services on Quality Stage

Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

swetharao
Participant

Web Services on Quality Stage

Post by swetharao »

Hi,

Im looking to integrate applications with Quality Stage using web services. Is this possible? :?: Can anyone give me a lead on how i need to go abt this?
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Hi Swetha,

Welcome to DSXchange :D !!!
In latest version, Integration server, you can surface Datastage through webservice. And quality stage can be invoked as a stage in Datastage. And hence you can accomplish you task. But you can expect some one to update you on the existing versions.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

The only way to do it in version 7 is to use the QualityStage plugin for DataStage. DataStage can provide the input and output links for the QualityStage job then add the RTI input and output stages and the RTI pack can turn it into a web service.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

So you should have RTI plugings as well. :)
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
swetharao
Participant

Post by swetharao »

Thanks a lot kumar. But this is wrt DS right? Can web services be used with QS alone?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Not in versions earlier than 8.0. I do not know the answer for version 8.0. Why not ask the vendor (and let us know what they say)?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

You can upgrade to version 8 for QualityStage and it should be free if you are under a maintenance contract, but you will need to pay for the SOA license which the software catalog has at US$75,000 for a 2 CPU license. The good news is you wont need a DataStage license as QualityStage 8 gives you access to parallel jobs and some parallel stages as well as the six new QualityStage stages.