Deploy QS 7.0 into Mainframe OS390

Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There is a table called JCL_TEMPLATES in the Repository and there should be a tool in the Manager client for editing JCL templates.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Alexander
Participant

Post by Alexander »

Hi Ray,

When you refer "table called JCL_TEMPLATES in the Repository", what repository is this? Access (.mdb) that suports QS?

The QS 7.0 doesn't have a Manager client. It only has a Designer on the client side, nothing else!!!

In the server manual, it says that the JCL is generated in the client side and passed to the server.
I think there should exist a template file, which is changed before deploying. Because, we can deploy the jobs to MVS with the NO_CONNECTION option.

Do have more clues?

Thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

My apologies, I was describing DataStage 390 (rather than QualityStage).
I imagine that the equivalent of JCL_TEMPLATES would be in the MDB file but this, as you are aware, is password protected. Have you looked around the client software for anything with jcl in the file name?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.