Bindings question in ISD

Dedicated to DataStage and DataStage TX editions featuring IBM<sup>®</sup> Service-Oriented Architectures.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

stuartjvnorton
Participant

Bindings question in ISD

Post by stuartjvnorton »

Hi all,

I am dabbling with ISD for the first time, attempting to expose a DB2 parameterised query as a service.

I have created an internet services connection for the database, and have created the application/service/operation. This all looks ok, but I notice that under the service, it has "Select a Binding to Manage", with no bindings available.

When I attempt to deploy, it naturally returns an error, saying that no binding was included in the application.

I would have thought that these bindings are available by default. Everything I've seen in the doco assumes they are just there and ready to use.

Any idea what's missing?
Is this possibly an issue with the install, or a missed step in the post-install configuration?
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

hmm. never seen the bindings be completely empty......did the services connection configuration part work ok? [that's in the configuration part of the Information Server Console] That implies that you have an ASBNode over on your database server whose query you want to publish.....(or at least the right connectivity software at your ASBNode to make that connection happen)....

...and can you deploy a DS Job successfully? (just as a comparison)?

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>